Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My First Blogger Award!

OH HAPPY DAY! I won my first Blog Award!


The lovely ladies over at the hilarious blog Sadly Leggings Are Not Pants awarded me with the Versatile Blogger, Stylish Blogger, and One Lovely Blog awards. I am so flattered, I can’t stop smiling! :)




The Rules for Acceptance


1. Thank and link back the person who gave you the award.

2. Share SEVEN things about yourself.

3. Pass this on to 15 other great bloggers you recently discovered.

4. Contact the recipients and tell them about their awards!


YOU KNOW I love shit like this :) Shiny awards AND I get to talk about myself? The Queen is one happy girl right now. Here we go!


1. I am terrified of puppets. I must have had a traumatic experience when I was little because if there is a puppet near me I WILL FLIP. Clowns do not bother me in the least. Puppets cause me to run screaming out of a room. When I was a camp counselor, we once had a field trip to Bob Barker’s Marionettes - I refused to accompany my six-year old campers in and sat in the bus alone the entire day.


2. I know how to sew and embroider! When I was little, Marcela taught me on scraps of fabric, and I still remember it to this day. Whenever any of my clothes get a little tear or a hole, I can easily fix it myself... and I have been known to sew up my friends’ clothes too (even when they’re wearing them!)


3. I am obsessed with interior design. I read interior design blogs, subscribe to shelter magazines, and keep a huge scrapbook of all of the rooms, furniture, colors, fabrics, etc, that I love. I am ALWAYS dreaming of redecorating, whether its my apartment, my friends’ apartments, Bailey’s apartment, my parent’s house... you name it. I am currently battling my mother in an attempt to let me redecorate our beach house. It’s not going so well, but I WILL prevail!


4. I do not like to touch lotion with my hands. If I am putting lotion on my body, I put it on a towel and rub it on my body from there. Do not ask me to put sunscreen on you, I will refuse. The day they invented spray on sunscreen was the best day of my life.


5. I have never seen The Wizard of Oz, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles or Dirty Dancing. I have, however, seen A Night at the Roxbury and Zoolander approximately 47 times each.


6. I have a problem with buying clothes and “saving them” for a special occasion and then never wearing them. Once, in college one night before we were going out, Gerrick wanted to borrow a specific shirt, but it had tags on it (I am very generous with lending out clothes, but not if they’re brand new!) She challenged me to a bet - if she could find thirty items of clothing with tags on in my closet, she would be allowed to wear the new shirt out. I lost the bet, hands down. (I think she stopped counting at 35). Now I try and wear all my clothes the week I get them!


7. I saved this one for last because it’s SO weird. When I’m out in public and someone I don’t know walks really close to me, I hold my breath until they’ve passed. If I’m in a really crowded place, I get out of breath really easily because I am constantly holding my breath! I know, I’m a freak. But I’m a freak who doesn’t ever want to smell you if I don’t know you!


And now I choose to pass it on to the following lovely recipients:


1. Yoga & Yogurt

2. College Prep

3. PIPM

4. JGIWC

5. MartaFacts

6. MODG

7. Kendi Everyday

8. Anthroholic

9. Slynnro

10. Monograms & Manicures

11. Petunia in Paradise

12. My Unproductive Life

13. Anger Sauce

14. Nicolette Mason

15. A Blue Eyed Boy Met A Brown Eyed Girl


So fun! I love blogging. What an amazing world of people and new friends :) Thank you again to Kat and Miss Mal for my award!



4 comments:

Lindsey said...

JordySilv... do you follow Young House Love? http://www.younghouselove.com/
Since you who love interior decorating, I think you will like it!!

Petunia said...

Thank you for the awards! I can't believe you have never seen any of those movies. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 16 Candles, & The Breakfast Club are three of my all-time favorites! :)

Diana M. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Not at all surprising that you're winning awards! :-)

BUT - you MUST see those movies you haven't seen! Seriously! Make a promise that you'll see them all within the next six months! You won't be sorry! (Really - not even the Wizard of Oz? You MUST!)

Marta said...

Thank you so much!!!!! This is so exciting.

And congrats to you on winning the award in the first place.

And I COMPLETELY concur with Diana and Petunia. Those are actually some of my favorite movies of all time! (I'm a bit of a John Hughes groupie... must be a growing up in the Chicago suburbs thing). And Wizard of Oz is just classic... It's the first movie I loved!