Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Queen's New Look

So... notice anything different around here!?


A few weeks ago I decided it was time for Queen of LA to get a facelift. I searched all over the internet for ideas and inspiration for how to design the blog, and after lots of emails and phone calls with designers (and maybe a few tantrums along the way), I am proud to unveil the new and improved Queen of LA!


The talented Marina of Penny Lane Designs is responsible for all the beauty you see splashed on these pages. I am a picky gal and it took a while to get here, but I love the way it turned out - she followed all of my requests perfectly!


What did I want? Well, first and foremost, I knew it had to be PINK. Obviously, the crown needed to be prominent, so I searched on istockphoto.com til I found one I loved, and we took it from there. I also am OBSESSED with my matching crown favicon (that thing you see up there in your web address bar) - how cute is that!? And finally, I added a few additional fun pages where you can learn all about me and how you can get in touch with me if you need to!


So, why the new look? Well, in a few weeks, I will be celebrating my one-year anniversary of creating Queen of LA, and I thought it would be really fun to spice things up a bit. The new look is bright, colorful, sassy and fabulous - some of my favorite adjectives - and I hope you love it as much as I do!