Monday, October 11, 2010

Who's The Trendsetter Now?

It’s Monday – back to work! Today is the first day of my second week :)


Work is… work. It’s not always fun, but if you’re lucky, you like what you do and the people you work with. For me, so far, so good – I’ve been pretty busy, which I like (I hate just sitting at my desk!) In addition to working on lots of projects, getting acclimated to the new place, and meeting all my new colleagues, I’ve also been doing something very important – DECORATING.


I am a firm believer in making my space my own. I am going to be spending many hours at work, so why not make my workspace a place I really enjoy? And you know me – that means lots of photos, prints, and COLOR!


At my last job, I went a little nuts – I had pictures taped everywhere, framed pieces of art, inspirational quotes, you name it. My mom came and visited one day and said “It looks like your freaking dorm room.” Hmph. Not my intent. I still wanted my new workspace to be fun and colorful and ME, but I knew this time, I wanted it to be a little more mature.


I figured I’d ease into it, so my first day, I came empty handed. By lunchtime, I could barely stand it – the bare walls and grey spaces were depressing me. So the next day, I showed up with a few things – a framed “Panic and Give Up” sign and animal print folders from The Container Store. The next day, I brought in a cute colorful picture frame from Target, and a Jonathan Adler magnetic board. By mid-week, I was already getting lots of comments and compliments on the new space.



And then I walked in on the fourth day and my boss said to me, “Have you seen The Zoe Report yet? You’re gonna flip! ” I hadn’t, but turned my computer on to read it. Lo and behold, guess what the day’s topic was? “Accessorizing Your Workspace.” And when I scrolled through, I couldn’t believe it. Sitting on my desk are not one but TWO of the fashionable workspace things she highlighted in the email – my magnetic board AND my animal print folders!


I AM A FASHION GODDESS. The Zoe Report did not come out until two days after I brought in my goods (both of which I bought several weeks ago), so that means that Rachel Zoe copied me. I am such a trendsetter!


The best part about that email is the website she features in it – The Macbeth Collection. I had never heard of it, but when I clicked through, I fell in love IMMEDIATELY. It’s a home decor and accessories website that has the CUTEST STUFF EVER. ANDDDD Rachel Zoe included a discount code – use ZOE during checkout and save 20% off your entire order! (The code is good for a few more days - til October 14).


Seriously, people, you need to check it out. I showed my friend Erica and she said to me, “UGH JORDAN. Stop showing me things I want!” I feel the exact same way – I want everything on it. (Starting with the monogrammed stationery and extending to the storage boxes and ending with the fucking trays, which we all know I’m obsessed with. SOMEONE BUY ME A TRAY!)



Let’s sum up this story in a few short sentences. #1. I am more of a trendsetter than Rachel Zoe. And #2. The internet is a wonderful place where you can buy shiny things to decorate your life with. And that makes me happy.


I am off to drool over the website and probably order hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for my new work area :) I’ll post a pic when I’m done with the decorating process!



1 comment:

yoga and yogurt said...

love the shout out! its true! now i want this! ahhh!!!