Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Bus #15!

I can’t believe it’s been a year! A year ago exactly on Friday, I landed in Israel on my very first Birthright trip.... and life has never been the same!


I say that for a few reasons. First of all, although I had been to Israel a few times before this particular trip, I have never felt such an instant connection in my life to the land and to the people of Israel. That trip changed my life - it showed me the importance of making sure every young Jew had the opportunity to visit Israel in their lifetime, and I have made it my own goal to do whatever I can to help support Birthright.


The other immediate connection I made was with the group of Americans who surrounded me on the journey. One minute, we were all strangers, and the next, they were a part of my life - forever. And our adventures over the past twelve months certainly show how those relationships forged across the world only continued to thrive and grow once we were back in America.


In particular, a group of girls from my trip and I bonded instantly. I can honestly say that I cannot imagine my life without them.


We've shared random evenings out...




Shabbat dinners...


Birthday parties...






Not to mention hours upon hours of phone calls, text messages, Gchats, venting sessions, shopping sprees, and breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. We are more than friends - we are a family.


Happy anniversary to my wonderful friends from Bus #15! Here’s to the next year and many, many more happy occasions shared together :)




1 comment:

1azerus said...

we're not real friends until we have a proper dim sum meal.

ps. i just noticed that terrell owens quote at the bottom. i love you.