Monday, February 7, 2011

Glee is Back... And Ryan Murphy is Still Reading My Mind

Okay, who remembers this post?


It’s been 10 months and I still stand by my (crazy, slightly delusional) belief that GLEE’S Ryan Murphy can read my mind. Episode after episode, I sit on my couch with my mouth open in disbelief as I watch my pals from New Directions sing and dance their way through DOZENS of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS.



I basically died over last night’s episode. When Rachel and Puck opened their mouths and started singing “I Need You Now” I actually almost fell off the couch - it is MOST DEFINITELY on my list of Favorite Songs of All Time. It’s my ringtone, for gods sake!


Last time I wrote this post, I included a short list of songs that I hoped Mr. Murphy would feature on the show in my wildest dreams... and sure enough, he climbed into my brain again and plucked them out for my enjoyment... “Jessie’s Girl,” “One of Us,” and ENTIRE EPISODES dedicated to my life partners Lady Gaga and Britney Spears. Voila! Cue the Jordan Silverman Musical Theater Heart Attack.



Since then, he’s also featured “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” from Evita (seconds after it started playing on the show, Greene Bean tweeted to me “@queenjord ARE YOU DYING”), U2’s “One” (one of my favorite songs to sing by myself with the windows down), “Livin’ On A Prayer” (I love me some Bon Jovi), AND “Last Christmas”, my all-time favorite Christmas song.


I MEAN COME ON! THE MAN READS MY MIND!!!!


We are at the start of a new season and I can hardly wait to see which of my favorites the gang covers next. (In case you were wondering, I don’t watch ANY spoilers from Glee. No sneak peeks, no advance downloads, no articles posted on gossip websites revealing upcoming plotlines or songs. I stay far away. I like to be surprised when the music cues up, I recognize the song, and start freaking out and maybe even crying a little.)


So once again, I’m featuring my picks (wishful thinking?) of what I hope/dream/pray/think Mr. Murphy will be featuring on an upcoming episode of Glee.


You May Be Right (Billy Joel)

Heartbreaker (Mariah Carey and JayZ)

Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)

Material Girl (Madonna

You Get What You Give (New Radicals)

American Pie (Don McLean)

I Don’t Feel Like Dancing (Scissor Sisters)

You’re So Vain (Carly Simon)

and anything RENT, Celine Dion or Spice Girls (yes I have the musical tastes of a fourth grader)


Just looking at this list is making me squeal with excitement. So in the future, if you’re watching the show and Rachel busts out with “IF YA WANNA BE MY LOVAHHH” or the boys start rocking out to some Billy or Bruce, you heard it here first - and we all know why...


BECAUSE RYAN MURPHY READS MY MIND.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how do you feel that Ryan Murphy did RENT?