Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Big Trip Recap #2

Yesterday I filled you in on what a great time I had in New York with my boyfriend. Today I’ll fill you in on the rest of the trip!


Every year, my family spends Rosh Hashanah in New York with our extended family. Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year, and it’s a really nice tradition of ours to be able to welcome in each year alongside grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, the whole nine yards :) We have big dinners and we go to temple two days in a row and it’s very nice to spend all that time together... especially since my sister moved! I miss her all the way across the country!


I don’t have a ton of pictures from the last few days of our trip since we were so busy running around being Jews :) but here are a couple...


Silverman ladies at Rosh Hashanah dinner #1:



Not sure, but I think attempting to force feed Bailey gefilte fish?



After the first morning of temple. We actually look like sisters here!


Proof that little sisters always like to copy big sisters! My mom always wears the same thing - boyfriend jeans, a cute tank, a flowy cardigan, and either sparkly sandals or ballet flats. After she got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast one morning, we looked up to see my aunt - her younger sister - marching into the kitchen wearing the exact same thing! So cute :)


I’ll end with a story and some fun pics - a week before the trip my little cousin Sam called with a favor. “Will you please take me to a concert Friday night when you’re here?” “Sure,” I said without hesitating. “YAY!” She was ecstatic. “Wait - what concert?” I asked. “Chris Brown!” she said.


OH FUCK. I didn’t know what to do. On one hand, I wanted to be able to take her to the concert and it would be a really fun thing to do together, but after the Rihanna incident, Chris Brown was dead to me. I refuse to listen to his music and turn the radio off when his songs come on. I didn’t know what to do!


We ended up going to the concert with Bailey, but only after a LONG talk about domestic violence and the consequences... I’m nothing if but a responsible adult! And the concert was a lot of fun once I stopped glaring at the stage :)



I rocked my blue jeans at the show - the perfect place for them!



And speaking of rocking out... GET IT BAILEY JANNA.



I came home Saturday night. Sad vacation was over but I can’t tell a lie, it’s good to be home :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's that polka dot top from?! Love it!

Jordan said...

thanks anon! the polka dot blouse is from H&M a couple weeks ago, they should still have it!

KEEPING KAVANNA said...

No offense but no mention of the rabbi and the scone?

Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

Loving all your NYC recaps! You and your sister are SO cute. Next time, we have to play! xo