Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Fabulous Foyer

Who remembers my very first inspiration board? I got such amazing feedback and encouragement from so many friends and bloggers I really respect. Ya’ll are the best!


Anyway, it’s been a while since I made one - so I thought I’d do another! The last one I featured was a living room in fairly neutral shades, but in real life, my style tends to run to the more colorful, much to my mother’s chagrin :)


Here’s an inspiration board I did for a fantasy entryway or foyer. My apartment’s set-up doesn’t allow for a console right now, although I wish it did - I think cozy little entry nooks are a great way to greet guests and show off your style.


What do you think?


JS ENTRYWAY


Unlike the last one, I don’t own any of these pieces... although I’d like to! Here are sources:


West Elm Andalucia rug - $249

Stephen Womack canvases - $95 each

Robert Abbey lamps - $190 each

Chevron-printed picture frame - $28 (similar)

Cobalt blue dresser (I pulled the image above from an amazing Design*Sponge makeover, but in real life, I’d snag this IKEA dresser and paint it myself!) - $149


What do you think? You like all the color and pattern? If you don’t, I won’t ever be able to invite you over to my apartment... it’s FULL of colorful patterns :)


Once again, I’d love to hear what you think of my little board. I had a ton of fun making it!

4 comments:

Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

Amazing inspiration and idea. I love it all! I wish Stef would let me put a little more color in the apartment! xoxo

Gameday Stylist said...

So cute!

StyleIDnet said...

Love the paintings.
xx,
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

Erika [small shop] said...

The art is perfect and I'm all about cobalt blue right now, especially mixed with that vintage hardware!