Friends, I missed you. Did you miss me?
I apologize for my absence the past few days. Last week was a hell of a week. But I’m here now and to make up for it, I have something delicious to share with you!
Last night I decided to invite some pals over to watch the Grammys. I’m not a huge fan of the Grammys - not like the OSCARS - but I’m always down to entertain and I had an idea... instead of ordering in Chinese or pizza like we usually do for a group, I wanted to try making something special!
Enter my mom’s famous Stuffed Shells. I probably haven’t had them in 10 years, but for some reason they had been on my mind - so I figured why not?! I picked up all the ingredients and R helped me put them all together...
...and it was delicious! Our guests loved it and it was shockingly easy to make - I assembled it a few hours before the awards started and popped it in about 45 minutes before so it was bubbling hot just in time for the show. My friends loved it - there was barely any left in the pan! I served it with garlic bread and a roasted beet salad that B brought over.
Delicious - if you like cheesy, tomato-ey comfort food, I hope y’all make it!
1 box jumbo pasta shells
1 15-ounce container of low-fat ricotta cheese
1 bag part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar tomato sauce (I used Prego Crushed Garlic & Herbs)
Salt & pepper
1. Boil the shells about eight minutes/til al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a bowl, combine the ricotta and 3/4 of the mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a large glass baking dish.
4. Fill each individual shell with a spoonful of the cheese mixture and place open side up in a single layer, in glass dish.
5. When all shells are filled, pour remainder of tomato sauce and any remaining cheese mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 mozzarella.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees, uncovered.
Isn't your mouth watering?!
(I also served carrots & hummus and mini phyllo cups filled with brie and fig jam for some snacks. Yum!)
PS. The winner of the Poppin giveaway is... drumroll please... #7!
ELIANNA! I’m emailing you now. Congratulations, your desk is about to get reallllll pretty (just in time for you to NOT NEED IT, as you are eight months pregnant with twins. Amazing!)